Note: This message does not apply to Packer parents who are also Packer employees. Packer employees should refer to the email from Chief Technology Officer Jim Anderson.
Packer is excited to announce the selection of Veracross as our new school information system (SIS) for the 2019-20 school year and beyond. Our migration to Veracross is bringing changes to your Packer parent online account that will enhance both the usefulness and the security of your parent account.
The move to Veracross will require all parents and guardians (except those who are also Packer employees) to take two critical steps:
Step 1: Tuesday, April 2: Create new password (further details below)
Step 2: Mid-April: Log in to Veracross for the first time (detailed instructions to be provided)
Preview of Step 1:
On Tuesday, April 2, you will receive instructions on creating a new Packer parent account password (and, for some users, about user name changes).
- New temporary passwords will be assigned to ALL parent accounts. As a result, each parent will need to set a new password for their Packer parent account. You will receive detailed instructions.
- User names that currently include only an abbreviation of one's first name (i.e., jsmith instead of jane.smith) will be automatically updated at this time. If this change applies to you, you will receive an additional email with your new account user name on April 2.
- Going forward, parents will be required to change their password annually.
As in the past, your Packer parent account credentials allow you to:
- Log into the Packer website and access The Nest, Packer's online parent portal.
- From The Nest, you can easily launch into:
New features coming later this spring:
- Access to your new Packer Veracross account.
- Access to Packer's WiFi network when on campus.
- Access to Packer's IT Service Desk user support portal where you can create, check the status of, and/or update IT Service Desk requests regarding your child's laptop or any other tech-related request.
Please see the recent email from Jim Anderson, Packer’s Chief Technology Officer, for more information. If you have any questions or concerns about these upcoming changes to your Packer parent account, please contact email@example.com.