Technology offers a powerful way of thinking that is integral to our academic program at Packer. We teach students to leverage the digital tools of technology with knowledge of computing and design thinking. Using technology, students expand their ability to be creative, communicate, collaborate, explore and solve real-world problems.
Technology at Packer is designed to empower students and faculty to tap the full promise of powerful learning tools by applying technology in intentional and meaningful ways. Lower School classrooms have access to tablets and laptops, and every student in Grades 5 through 12 is provided with an Apple laptop (MacBook Air) and a comprehensive software suite. We provide access to age-appropriate software and academic resources that are accessible both on and off campus. All classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboard displays which support interactive teaching and classroom collaboration. 3D printers are available to all grade levels.
Our academic programs in Computing & Design (Lower and Middle Schools) and Computer Science (Upper School) are designed to educate students in the appropriate and effective application of technology for their own learning, expression, and discovery. Read more about Computing & Design, as well as our offerings in Computer Science under Academics and in our downloadable Curriculum Guides.
- What devices are provided in which grades?
- How are student laptops paid for?
- What if my child doesn't need to have a laptop?
- What support is there if my child encounters a problem?
- What happens if my child's laptop breaks?
- My child doesn't have many basic tech skills. What kind of training and help is provided?
- How is technology infused into classroom learning?
- How do I contact members of Packer's Tech Department over the summer?
- Are laptops the only technology my child will use while at Packer?
- How do students get tech support?
- How do parents and guardians get tech support?
- How do I reset my Packer Parent Login and password?