The Packer Collegiate Institute invites applicants interested in teaching full-time Upper School English for the academic year 2021-2022.
This position entails teaching four sections of Upper School English and advising a small group of Upper School students. The teaching role requires close collaboration with other English teachers, as well as interdisciplinary grade-level teams.
Packer’s commitment to families requires significant written and oral communication about student work and progress. Our commitment to students often requires sustained, individualized attention outside of the classroom. Our commitment to diversity requires a willingness to engage with complex ideas, to reflect critically on one’s own experiences, and to support students’ identities and diverse backgrounds.
Applicants should possess:
- Comfort with the frequent use of educational technologies in the classroom, facility with electronic communication and learning management applications
- A commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and to promoting an inclusive, just, and equitable school community
- Experience with a broad range of instructional practices
- Exceptional writing skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the advancement of their teaching practice
- Comfort with and interest in working with students in an advisory capacity
- Candidates must have at least three years of high school teaching experience
- A Master’s degree is preferred
Packer’s comprehensive commitment to diversity and equity requires all faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work around identity, anti-racism, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Job Listing 36011” in the subject line of the email. To be considered, materials submitted should be titled: “Last name First name - Document Title.”