This position plays a pivotal role in the daily operations of the Upper School Division Office. The Upper School Administrative and Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing the administrative processes of the divisional office, supporting the Head of the Upper School, and serving as a communications liaison to all constituencies, especially parents, faculty and staff. A vital member of the administrative team, the person in this position arranges all divisional meetings and events in collaboration with other departments across the school.
This is a high-energy, fast-paced work environment. As this individual has to respond to many different circumstances, many unforeseen, it is critical that this person be energetic, patient, flexible, empathetic, and self-starting and be able to anticipate, troubleshoot, multi-task, and problem-solve. Given the importance of this role in setting the tone for the divisional office, it is essential that the person holding this position get to know students and families, be comfortable engaging with children and adults from a wide-range of backgrounds, and be able to establish a consistent, positive, welcoming environment.
Discrete responsibilities of the Upper School Administrative and Communications Coordinator include:
- Manage the daily operations of the Upper School, including overseeing the attendance monitor
- Manage the divisional calendar, ensuring that all Upper School events are appropriately planned for, resourced, set up and staffed
- Manage the calendar and schedule of the Upper School Division Head, including the coordination of on-going meetings, special events, school visitors, supervisory responsibilities, classroom visits, and the arrangement of professional travel, conferences, etc.
- Serve as the liaison to the school-wide Communications office to manage division-focused content, coordinate content for family-facing communications and participate in the development of communications from the Upper School office
- Oversee the Upper School program and activities budgets including all administrative dealings with the school's Business Office, and all communications with outside agencies and vendors
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: College Degree
- Experience: Three to five year’s experience as an administrative assistant, office manager or equivalent position
- Preferred experience: Three to five year’s experience as an administrative assistant, office manager or equivalent position in a school environment
The skills required for this position include a strong facility with spreadsheets (including. Microsoft Excel), databases (particularly Veracross), content management systems (Finalsite), email communication systems, and shared work platforms including Google Docs, Sites, and Calendars. Professional development opportunities are available if training is required to use specific technical platforms. As extensive communication with constituents inside and outside the school is required, candidates must be strong, clear writers, have excellent attention to detail, and demonstrate consistent and responsive follow-through.
Office hours are 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, and may require additional, occasional evening and weekend time for special events.
Packer’s comprehensive commitment to diversity and equity requires all faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work around identity, anti-racism, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Please send resume to email@example.com with “Job Listing 48017” in the subject line of the email. To be considered, materials submitted should be titled: “Last name First name - Document Title.”