This position plays a pivotal role in the daily operations of the Preschool as the point person for Preschool family contact and with direct responsibility for managing student attendance , administrative dealings with the school’s business office and communications with the technology office as needed. Additionally, this position supports the Preschool faculty in ensuring that there are sufficient resources for teaching and learning on hand, maintaining a school environment safe and conducive to learning as well as monitoring the ordering and distribution of daily snacks. This position requires the employee to exercise discretion and judgment in making decisions.
Discrete responsibilities of the Preschool Administrative Assistant include:
- Managing the daily operations of the Preschool, including attendance, family communication, and student and faculty support.
- Managing the Preschool calendar, ensuring that all Preschool events are appropriately planned for, resourced, set up, and staffed
- Maintaining and securing student records for all Preschool students
- Overseeing the scheduling and usage of the Early Learning Center classrooms and common spaces
- Serving as a Preschool liaison for all communication and coordination with school maintenance, technology, food service, and the Parent Association
- Serving as the Preschool point-person on the student database, supporting the Divisional Office and faculty with managing attendance, scheduling, family contacts, etc.
- Serving as the coordinator for all Preschool class trips, providing support to trip planners for permission slips, transportation, and vendor agreements.
- Providing or assisting with coordination of short-term coverage for all Preschool faculty and staff as needed, and supervising students as necessary.
- Organizing Preschool curriculum night and other events and performances
- Having a supervisory role for all-school emergency plans
- Assisting with security functions at arrival and dismissal
- Providing first aid support as needed to Preschool students
- Communicating more serious medical issues to our school-based nursing team
Education: Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: Two to three year’s experience as an Administrative Assistant.
Preferred experience: Five years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, preferably in a school environment
Training: CPR/First Aid Certified (can be completed and updated through Packer)
Team player and collaborative
Takes initiative and can make decisions
Sense of humor and connects well with others
Time Management and punctuality
Excellent communication skills
Stress Management and Reassuring to Others
The skills required for this position include a strong facility with spreadsheets, Student Information Systems (Veracross), and shared work platforms including scheduling and conferencing platforms, Zoom, Google Docs, Sites and Calendars. As extensive communication with constituents inside and outside the school is required, candidates must be strong, clear writers, have excellent attention to detail, and demonstrate consistent and responsive follow-through. As this role has to respond to many different, often unforeseen circumstances, it is critical that this person be patient, flexible, empathetic, and self-starting and be able to anticipate, troubleshoot, multi-task, and problem-solve. Given the importance of this role in setting the tone for the divisional office, it is essential that the person holding this position knows all of the students and families, be comfortable engaging with children and adults from a wide-range of backgrounds, and be able to establish a consistent, positive, welcoming environment.
Interested candidates for this position should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Listing 120021” in the subject line. To be considered, materials submitted should be titled: “Last Name First Name - Document Title.”