The Packer Collegiate Institute invites applicants interested in teaching full-time Middle/Upper School Spanish for the academic year 2022-2023.
Applicants should possess:
- A strong background in Spanish-language education and enthusiasm for working with middle and high school students
- A commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and to promoting an inclusive, just, and equitable school community
- A sincere and visible commitment to excellent teaching and continued professional development
- Demonstrated ability to develop and refine curriculum to engage learners via creative and empathetic student-centered activities incorporating individualized teaching practices for a diverse group of students
- A wide array of evidence-based evaluation strategies based on the standards outlined in the ACTFL and / or CEFR framework(s)
- Familiarity with the effective use of technology and remote pedagogical practices in teaching a language
- A genuine desire to collaborate with colleagues
- Comfort with and interest in working with students in an advisory capacity
- Afro-Caribbean expertise a bonus
Packer’s comprehensive commitment to diversity and equity requires all faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work around identity, anti-racism, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Listing 24002” in the subject line of the email. To be considered, materials submitted should be titled: “Last name First name - Document Title.”