The Packer Collegiate Institute invites applicants interested in teaching full-time Middle School/ Upper School Spanish for the academic year 2021-2022.
Applicants should possess:
- A strong background in Spanish-language education and enthusiasm for working with middle and high school students
- A commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and to promoting an inclusive, just, and equitable school community
- A sincere and visible commitment to excellent teaching and continued professional development
- Demonstrated ability to develop and refine curriculum to engage learners via creative and empathetic student-centered activities incorporating individualized teaching practices for a diverse group of students
- A wide array of evidence-based evaluation strategies based on the standards outlined in the ACTFL and / or CEFR framework(s)
- Familiarity with the effective use of technology and remote pedagogical practices in teaching a language
- A genuine desire to collaborate with colleagues
- Comfort with and interest in working with students in an advisory capacity
Packer’s comprehensive commitment to diversity and equity requires all faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work around identity, anti-racism, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Listing 24003” in the subject line of the email. To be considered, materials submitted should be titled: “Last name First name - Document Title.”