The Packer Collegiate Institute is looking for a Middle and Upper School Physical Education Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. The position offers an opportunity to join a department that is continually growing its Physical Education curriculum. Candidates should be able to work in collaboration with current members to continue the growth of the program and a willingness to offer new ideas and initiatives.
Packer’s comprehensive commitment to diversity and equity requires all faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work around identity, anti-racism, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Middle/ Upper School Responsibilities:
- Create and teach lessons for individual and team sports that challenge students of different abilities
- A commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and to promoting an inclusive, just, and equitable school community
- Develop and use drills to enhance age appropriate skill development over a variety of sports for grades 5-12
- Teach strength training and fitness classes that stress individual improvements and a healthy lifestyle
- Work with other members of the Physical Education department to create lesson plans and develop curriculum
- Assess student performance and write narrative reports to communicate student progress to families
- Continue professional development by attending workshops, conferences, and meetings
- Comfort with and interest in working with students in an advisory capacity
- Coach on the Middle and/or Upper School levels (optional)
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education
- CPR/ First Aid/ AED Certification
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Veracross desirable
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Listing 120013” in the subject line of the email. To be considered, materials submitted should be titled: “Last name First name - Document Title.”