Packer’s comprehensive commitment to diversity and equity requires all faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work around identity, anti-racism, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
The Packer Collegiate Institute invites applicants interested in serving as a Middle School Learning Specialist. Applications will be collected on an ongoing basis and candidate contacting will begin in mid-January.
Learning Specialist Responsibilities include:
- Work with students individually, in small groups, and through a collaborative teaching model, to teach study skills, organization, and planning skills, reading comprehension strategies, writing skills, and may include math instruction.
- Create teaching and learning plans for students with formal testing and update them as needed.
- Support faculty to understand student learning profiles and to differentiate classroom instruction for students with varied learning styles or specific learning challenges.
- Participate in grade-level meetings and Middle School Student Support Team as appropriate.
- Collaborate with colleagues and administration in support of students.
- Provide professional development to teachers around topics related to learner variability.
- Lead family workshops and talks in collaboration with other learning specialists and Director of Student Support.
- Maintain active communication with students' families and outside support regarding students' progress, challenges, learning needs.
- Act as Middle School Advisor to students.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Teaching experience and a Master’s Degree in Special Education or closely related field preferred but not required. NYS Certification in special education preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Posting 24004” in the subject line of the email. To be considered, materials submitted should be titled “Last Name First Name - Document Title.”