Packer’s commitment to diversity and equity requires all faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in identity, equity, and inclusion work. Packer strongly encourages applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds.
Middle School Learning Specialist
- Work with students individually and in small groups to teach study skills, organization and planning skills, reading comprehension strategies, writing skills, and math skills.
- Create teaching and learning strategy profiles for students.
- Support faculty to understand student learning profiles and to differentiate classroom instruction for students with varied learning styles or specific learning challenges.
- Analyze student assessment data to inform instruction for learning support classes, consult with teachers to increase their understanding and use of assessment data.
- Participate in grade level meetings and Middle School Student Support Team as appropriate.
- Provide professional development to teachers around topics related to learner variability.
- Lead family workshops and talks in collaboration with other learning specialists and Director of Learning Support.
- Maintain active communication with students' families and outside support regarding students' progress, challenges, learning needs.
- Act as Middle School advisor to students.
Teaching experience and Masters Degree in Special Education or closely related field required. Math experience and NYS Certification in special education preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to hr@Packer.edu with “Job Posting 24004” in the subject line of the email.