The Packer Collegiate Institute invites applicants interested in teaching full-time Middle School English for the academic year 2021-2022.
This full-time position entails teaching four sections of Middle School English, serving as an advisor to a small group of students, collaborating closely with grade-level partners who teach the same courses, and working with interdisciplinary grade-level teams. The English reading curriculum includes short stories, plays, novellas, novels, poetry, graphic texts, and nonfiction works. Students develop their skills in reading, literary analysis, writing, note-taking, grammar, punctuation, annotation, vocabulary development, public speaking, and collaboration.
Teachers at Packer are asked to be available to provide their students with sustained, individualized attention outside of the classroom and to maintain frequent written and oral communication with students’ families.
Applicants should possess:
- Comfort with the use of educational technology in the classroom, facility with electronic communication and learning management platforms
- Exceptional writing skills
- A commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and to promoting an inclusive, just, and equitable school community
- Experience with a broad range of instructional practices
- Demonstrated commitment to the advancement of their teaching practice
- Comfort with and interest in working with students in an advisory capacity
- Candidates must have at least three years of middle school teaching experience
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
Packer’s comprehensive commitment to diversity and equity requires all faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work around identity, anti-racism, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Listing 24007” in the subject line of the email. To be considered, materials submitted should be titled: “Last name First name - Document Title.”