Middle School Administrative and Communications Coordinator
This position plays a pivotal role in the daily operations of the Middle School Division Office. The Middle School Administrative and Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing the administrative process of the divisional office, supporting the Head of the Middle School, and serving as a communications liasion to all constituencies, especially parents, faculty and staff. A vital member of the administrative team, the person in this position arranges all divisional meetings and events in collaboration with other departments across the school.
This is a high-energy, fast-paced work environment. As this individual has to respond to many different circumstances, many unforeseen, it is critical that this person be energetic, patient, flexible, empathetic, and self starting; and be able to anticipate, troubleshoot, multitask, and problem solve. Given the importance of this role in setting the tone for the divisional office, it is essential that the person holding this position get to know students and families, be comfortable engaging with children and adults from a wide range of backgrounds, and be able to establish a consistent, positive, welcoming environment.
Discrete responsibilities of the Middle School Administrative and Communications Coordinator include:
- Managing the daily operations of the Middle School, including attendance, family communication, and student and faculty support
- Mange the divisional calendar, ensuring that all Middle School events are appropriately planned for, resourced, set up and staffed
- Manage the calendar and schedule of the Middle School Division Head, including the coordination of ongoing meetings, special events, school visitors, supervisory responsibilities, classroom visits, and the arrangement of professional travel, conferences, etc.
- Overseeing the scheduling and usage of Middle School classrooms and common spaces
- Serve as the liaison to the schoolwide Communications office to manage division-focused content, coordinate content for family-facing communications, and participate in the development of communications from the Middle School office
- Oversee the Middle School program and activities budgets including all administrative dealings with the school's Business Office, and all communications with outside agencies and vendors
- Coordinating with the IT department related to report cards, standardized testing, attendance, and other tech-related support needs
- Serving as the coordinator for all Divisional trips, providing support to trip planners for permission slips, transportation, and vendor agreements
- Coordinating the acquisition and distribution of the Division's NYC transit cards
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: College degree preferred
Experience: 3-5 years' experience as an administrative assistant, office manager, or equivalent position (preferably in a school environment)
The skills required for this position include a strong facility with spreadsheets (including Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets), databases (particularly Veracross), content management systems (FinalSite), email communication systems, and shared work platforms including Google Suite. Professional development opportunities are available if training is required to use specific technical platforms. As extensive communication with constituents inside and outside the school is required, candidates must be strong, clear writers; have excellent attention to detail; and demonstrate consistent and responsive follow through.
Office hours are 8:00AM - 4:00PM and may require additional, occasional evening and weekend time for special events.
Packer's comprehensive commitment to diversity and equity requires all faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work around identity, anti-racism, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Please send resume to email@example.com with "Job Listing 24020" in the subject line of the email. To be considered, materials submitted should be tiled: "Last name First name - Document Title."