We are seeking a warm, passionate and experienced general and vocal music teacher to fill a Family Leave Replacement from early December to early May in our Lower School Music Program. This is a full-time position which includes teaching First Grade through Fourth Grade General Music.
- Will implement curriculum to 1st - 4th Grade General Music classes that are grounded in the Kodály Methodology and features a recorder program in the 3rd and 4th grade general music class.
- Musically prepare and rehearse LS students for an upcoming Arts Festival in May (repertoire will be provided)
- Attend weekly after school Lower School Division and Arts Department faculty meetings.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Music in Music, Music Education or Performance
- A Master’s degree or another advanced degree is preferable.
- Have at least three years experience teaching general and vocal music to elementary school children
- Experience using the Kodály Methodology, Full Certification or at least Level I Kodály training highly preferred
- An ideal candidate must also demonstrate a warm and enthusiastic personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
Packer’s comprehensive commitment to diversity requires of all faculty members active, thoughtful engagement in work around identity, equity, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds.
Please send resume and cover letter to hr@Packer.edu with "Job Posting 12002” in the subject line of the e-mail.