The Packer Collegiate Institute invites applicants interested in teaching Journalism and Upper School English to apply for this full-time position.
This position entails teaching one section of Journalism to Tenth through Twelfth Graders and three sections of Upper School English. The Journalism course bridges the mediums of print, web, and video and supports The Prism, the school newspaper. Beginning to Advanced Journalism students collaborate in this newsroom setting. The Upper School English teaching position requires close collaboration with other Upper School English teachers, as well as interdisciplinary grade-level teams.
Teachers at Packer are asked to be available to provide their students with sustained, individualized attention outside of the classroom and to maintain frequent written and oral communication with students’ families.
Applicants should possess:
- Comfort with the use of educational technology in the classroom and facility with electronic communication and learning management platforms
- Exceptional writing skills
- A commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and to promoting an inclusive, just, and equitable school community
- Experience with a broad range of instructional practices
- Demonstrated commitment to the advancement of their teaching practice
- Comfort with and interest in working with students in an advisory capacity
- At least three years of upper school teaching experience, including journalism coursework
- A Master’s degree (preferred)
Packer’s comprehensive commitment to diversity and equity requires all faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work around identity, anti-racism, and inclusion. We encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Job Listing 36021” in the subject line of the email. To be considered, materials submitted should be titled: “Last name First name - Document Title.”