We are seeking to hire a Head of Equity and Inclusion who will be instrumental in realizing our vision of a diverse community of learners in which each person is valued and challenged. We are seeking a committed educational leader who loves learning and knows how to cultivate robust programs that support students’ intellectual growth and social-emotional development. The position requires expertise in culturally responsive pedagogy and leadership, a commitment to collaboration and problem-solving, generosity of spirit, and sense of humor.
The Head reports to the Head of School and has direct responsibility for Equity and Inclusion programs (curricular and co-curricular), grades prek3 to 12.
Core responsibilities are:
Leads Equity & Inclusion Programs
- Leads school-wide Equity and Inclusion team, which includes Divisional Coordinators and the newly established Inclusive Teaching & Learning Integrator
- Establishes and oversees clear leadership structure, roles, and responsibilities for team and collaborates with key partners across the school (including Division Heads and Program Directors)
- Oversees the creation and implementation of all-school programs (curricular and co-curricular) to best meet the needs of students, faculty, staff, and families
- Develops and allocates the E&I budget and monitors expenditures to maximize the use of available resources to enhance learning
- Communicates about equity and inclusion programs to the school community
- Works with Associate Head of School on faculty and staff hiring and retention
- Designs training to promote cultural competency and other topics to increase equity and inclusion
- Co-leader of newly formed Data Team, which oversees data-informed planning and reflection process
- Serves on Senior Leadership Teams
- Develops goals and implements plans within Packer’s strategic framework, in service of its mission and vision
- Leads vision for inclusive teaching and learning from pK-12
- Partners with Head of School to collaborate with Board of Trustees
- Fosters relationships among Packer community
- Demonstrated success and at least 3/5 years of leadership experience in cultivating an inclusive, culturally responsive school climate/community
- Experience working across demographics that includes students, faculty and families in regards to DEI related issues
- Extensive formal DEI professional development, training and/or certifications preferred
- Graduate degree in a relevant field is preferred, with a bachelor’s degree as a minimum criterion
Packer is deeply committed to diversity and an inclusive curriculum and community. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Job Posting 48021" in the subject line of the e-mail.