Director of Global Learning & Community Engagement
The work of the Director of Global Learning and Community Engagement is focused on coordinating Global Learning and Community Engagement with DEIB principles from a student facing perspective. In support of the Office of Equity and Inclusion, the Director of Global Learning and Community Engagement ensures that Global Learning and Community Engagement programs are well - delivered, planned, coordinated, sequential, and articulated.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with the Head of Equity and Inclusion on the Global Learning and Community Engagement vision for Packer.
- Support the work of community engagement programming by becoming a connector between Packer Collegiate Institute’s mission, vision and values and Packer’s curriculum with the Community Engagement Coordinators.
- Work with the Equity and Inclusion Integrators, Community Engagement Coordinators and the Head of Equity and Inclusion to build faculty capacity for teaching about the educational journey from identity development to global and community engagement perspectives in and outside of the classroom.
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of school-wide programs in global education, sustainability, and community engagement.
- Assume first-line responsibility for Packer’s comprehensive student and faculty travel program; manage the creation, monitoring, and administration of systems relating to student travel, including budget, student conduct, chaperone training, parental permissions, risk management, record-keeping, and advising individual trip advisors in their interactions with trip providers, transportation vendors, and local artisans, etc. with administrative support.
- Work collaboratively with school stakeholders to guide, develop and implement community engagement programming, including establishing and developing meaningful, sustained partnerships with local community organizations
- Solicit, review, and analyze revisions to the program based on faculty, student, parent, and site administrator evaluations.
- Oversee other employees and volunteers
- Arrange workshops and speakers for the benefit of students and the wider community.
- Pursue professional development opportunities and network with peers to remain current with industry trends.
- Travel (including evening and weekend duties), as needed
- Teach up to two classes, serve as an advisor
- Demonstrate a commitment to equitable and culturally responsive teaching practices and program development
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills in order to manage and coordinate a range of complex projects
- Proven success as a leader in program development and evaluation
- History of successful interactions and partnerships with educational organizations, parents, students, faculty, and staff as well as in-country partner organizations
- Experience supervising and managing students and adults
- An understanding of social justice and human rights and sustainability education frameworks
- A commitment to culturally responsive teaching and learning and anti-bias education
- A demonstrated experience in community building and nonprofit partnership development
- Teaching experience and expertise
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as superb cross-cultural communication skills
- High-energy and enthusiastic about working in an academic atmosphere
- Department - Academic - Leadership
- Role - Director of Global Learning & Community Engagement
- Location - Brooklyn, NY
- Yearly salary - 70,000 - 150,000
- Employment type - Full-time
Click here to apply.