The Director of Global Learning & Community Engagement helps design curriculum and programs that expand students’ worldview, exposing them to other cultures and their value. This position is designed to oversee, develop, evaluate and promote global education programs and initiatives at the school.
Packer’s comprehensive commitment to diversity requires all faculty members active, thoughtful engagement in work around identity, equity, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner proactively with faculty and administration to define curriculum that will expand students' understanding of the global nature of our society and the power of having a global perspective.
- Develop a vision and a plan for integrating global education and community engagement into the curriculum, including making opportunities accessible to all students.
- Champion a methodology in the classroom and beyond that allows active and experiential discussion drawn from real-world activities; a caring and cooperative investigation of other cultures, countries, and groups; an open and inquisitive study of the realities and causes of poverty, inequality, and injustice; and a careful consideration of human impact on the environment.
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of school-wide programs in global education, sustainability, and community engagement.
- Assume first-line responsibility for Packer’s comprehensive student and faculty travel program; manage the creation, monitoring, and administration of systems relating to student travel, including budget, student conduct, chaperone training, parental permissions, risk management, record-keeping, and advising individual trip advisors in their interactions with trip providers, transportation vendors, and local artisans, etc.
- Work collaboratively with school stakeholders to guide, develop and implement community engagement programming, including establishing and developing meaningful, sustained partnerships with local community organizations
- Solicit, review, and analyze revisions to the program based on faculty, student, parent, and site administrator evaluations.
- Supervise other employees and volunteers
- Arrange workshops and speakers for the benefit of students and the wider community.
- Pursue professional development opportunities and network with peers to remain current with industry trends.
- Travel (including evening and weekend duties), as needed
- Possible class teaching assignment, as needed
- Demonstrate a commitment to equitable and culturally responsive teaching practices and program development
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills in order to manage and coordinate a range of complex projects
- Proven success as a leader in program development and evaluation
- History of successful interactions and partnerships with educational organizations, parents, students, faculty, and staff as well as in-country partner organizations
- Experience supervising and managing students and adults
- An understanding of social justice and human rights and sustainability education frameworks
- A commitment to culturally responsive teaching and learning and anti-bias education
- A demonstrated experience in community building and nonprofit partnership development
- Teaching experience and expertise
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as superb cross-cultural communication skills
- High-energy and enthusiastic about working in an academic atmosphere
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Job Posting 48012" in the subject line. To be considered, materials submitted should be titled: “Last Name First Name - Document Title.”