Packer is looking for a creative, collaborative, and forward-thinking FileMaker Developer & Data Associate. The Developer will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining various FileMaker solutions for our school. This role is also responsible for helping to maintain data integrity and quality across all our data systems (Veracross, Google Workspace, JAMF Pro, etc.) through direct data management by leveraging system APIs wherever possible to support and automate data and IT operations. This role will work closely with Packer's Database Administrator and Analyst and our Director of Technology, while also collaborating with other members of the Information Technology department to support IT department administration and school operations. In addition to FileMaker projects and data management responsibilities, this position will also provide training and technical support to end users, as needed, helping them to better use the data tools at their disposal.
- Develop, document and manage internal Filemaker Pro solutions (existing and new)
- Develop data integration workflows using solutions APIs (with or without FIleMaker)
- Provide level one technical support to database users with matters such as queries, exports, imports, batch changes; troubleshoot issues as needed
- Assist in the maintenance of Packer’s Veracross standard query library
- Assist in the development and maintenance of technical documentation, regarding data management, workflows, and systems
- Miscellaneous data entry, verification, and maintenance tasks
- Provide administrative support for IT procurement
- Assist with IT asset inventory data maintenance
- Other duties as assigned and needed
- Experience developing and maintaining FileMaker WebDirect and mobile solutions
- Experience with FileMaker, Objective C, Swift, MySQL, HTML, CSS and PHP
- Fundamental knowledge of database design, scripting, data parsing, technical documentation
- Clear understanding of relational databases (tables, relationships, etc.)
- Experience performing database administration skills, including data entry, building queries, creating reports, etc.
- Experience building data integrations via system APIs and managing data workflows between systems
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Forms, Calendar, Slides, etc)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Knowledge of FinalSite CMS or similar platform
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize day-to-day tasks, work independently, see tasks through to completion, and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to details and processes accuracy
- Strong people skills; the ability to work effectively, professionally and empathetically with a wide range of users
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A privacy mindset with a working understanding of FERPA sand other privacy regulations
- Self-starter who can work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- A passion for learning and a desire to apply new knowledge to the workplace
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred, comparable experience required
- Experience in an academic environment, preferably K-12
- Knowledge of Veracross or any other school information management system a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated strong history of success with people
The Packer Collegiate Institute is an independent, college preparatory day school providing co-educational programs from preschool through grade 12. Founded in 1845, Packer is the oldest independent school in Brooklyn and thrives today in the historic Brooklyn Heights.
Packer is an equal opportunity employer and a diverse community of approximately over 1000 students and 275 faculty and staff.
Please send a cover letter with resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Job Listing 48014” in the subject line of the email. To be considered, materials submitted should be named: "Last name, First Name - Document Title."