The Packer Collegiate Institute invites applicants interested in teaching Upper School Chemistry for the academic year 2021-22. One year position.
Applicants should possess:
- A strong background in science and enthusiasm for working with high school students
- Experience or interest in interactive, experiential learning and depth of understanding rather than breadth of coverage
- A strong background education in chemistry
- A commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and to promoting an inclusive, just, and equitable school community
- Demonstrated ability to develop and refine curriculum to engage a diverse group of students
- A sincere and visible commitment to excellent teaching, utilization of best science teaching practices, and continued professional development
- A genuine desire to collaborate with colleagues
- Comfort with and interest in working with students in an advisory capacity
- Packer is a fully integrated laptop school, extensive experience with the use of computers and computer-based probes is strongly desired
Packer’s comprehensive commitment to diversity and equity requires all faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work around identity, anti-racism, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Please send cover letter and resume to hr@Packer.edu with “job listing 360010 - One Year Position” in the subject line of the email. To be considered, materials submitted should be titled “Last Name First Name - Document Title.”