Possible Athletic Coaching Openings for the 2019-20 School Year
Boys and Girls Soccer
Boys and Girls Basketball
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in sport skill instruction, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic, moral-ethical, and athletic development of student-athletes
- Support the mission of the school and the Athletics Department, while positively and effectively leading the student-athletes and managers
- Exhibit leadership and professional behavior and communication in dealings with student-athletes, parents, staff, and administrators
- Complete and/or assist with all administrative duties including, but not limited to: Exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to ACIS, AAIS, NYSAIS, School, Division, and Department of Athletics rules and regulations
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience. Previous high school playing and college playing experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage relationships at the administrative, student-athlete, and parent level.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to student-athletes, and support student success on all levels.
- Candidates must exhibit enthusiasm for the role of athletics in an independent school setting, vision and creativity, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- A stipend is paid for the coaching position at the conclusion of the season. Additionally, candidates must complete a criminal background check and must possess or obtain, prior to the start of the season, current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications.
An equal opportunity employer, The Packer Collegiate Institute seeks to hire outstanding and diverse staff and faculty who work together harmoniously toward the common mission of the school.
Interested, and qualified candidates should send their resume directly to the Director of Athletics, Darrin Fallick at email@example.com.