The Assistant/Associate Director of Middle and Upper School Admissions:
- Interviews prospective Middle and Upper School students and their families and carefully documents these meetings
- Organizes, oversees and supervises the student tour guide program, student admissions panels, and other similar activities
- Creates the interview schedule
- Reads applicant files and shares responsibility for determining who is admitted
- Conducts necessary follow-up with prospective families
- Is present at all school-related Middle and Upper School Admissions events, both during the school day and in the evening, including School Fairs, Open Houses, panel presentations at feeder schools, and other similar activities
- Develops positive relationships with placement directors of sending schools
- Collects data and creates reports to track admissions results as requested
- Assists in the planning and hosting of new student and family orientations
- Engages fully in the overall life of the School
- Maintains strong relationships with students and their families after they become full members of the school community
- Supports the Director with other tasks and responsibilities that may assigned
This position requires a true “people person” who writes and speaks well, is equally comfortable in small and large groups, and presents a professional, personally engaging demeanor. A sense of humor and a passion for independent school education are prerequisites. The new Assistant/Associate Director must be a self-starter who relates especially well to young people and their families, always representing Packer in a manner that reflects positively on the School. Secondary classroom teaching experience is a plus, as are skills using Ravenna, Excel, and Google platforms. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Packer is deeply committed to diversity and an inclusive curriculum and community. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Job Posting 48007 " in the subject line of the e-mail by Friday, November 30th, 2018.