Fifth Grade Core Leave Replacement
October 12, 2021-January 27, 2022
Middle School Leave Replacement/Fifth Grade Humanities Teacher
The Packer Collegiate Institute invites applicants interested in teaching 5th Grade Middle School Humanities to apply for this full-time position.
This leave position entails teaching two sections of Fifth Grade Humanities, serving as an advisor to a small group of students, collaborating closely with a grade-level partner who teaches the same course, and working with an interdisciplinary grade-level team.
Teachers at Packer are asked to be available to provide their students with sustained, individualized attention outside of the classroom and to maintain frequent written and oral communication with students’ families.
Applicants should possess:
- Comfort with the use of educational technology in the classroom, facility with electronic communication and learning management platforms
- Exceptional writing skills
- A commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and to promoting an inclusive, just, and equitable school community
- Experience with a broad range of instructional practices
- Demonstrated commitment to the advancement of their teaching practice
- Comfort with and interest in working with students in an advisory capacity
- At least three years of middle school teaching experience (preferred)
- A Master’s degree (preferred)
Packer’s comprehensive commitment to diversity and equity requires all faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work around identity, anti-racism, and inclusion. We encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Job Listing 24009” in the subject line of the email. To be considered, materials submitted should be titled: “Last name First name - Document Title.”