The Packer Parent Association
(PA) is the community of families representing every student currently enrolled at Packer. Its purposes are:
- To create and maintain a warm and welcoming presence for all Packer families
- To facilitate communication between parents and the school administration
- To provide educational program events
- To raise funds to help meet Packer’s goals.
The Parent Association encourages volunteer participation. Parents are welcome to attend quarterly general PA meetings and are encouraged to become involved in all activities and events. The PA is run by a Board of Directors, nominated and elected by the parent body, which oversees its activities, liaises with the school’s administration and Board of Trustees, and reports to the assembled parents at PA meetings.
Parent Association funds raised this year will support Packer’s endowment, to ensure excellence for the school today – and in the future.
A key priority of Packer’s strategic plan, Ensuring Continued Excellence, is to increase financial flexibility through significant growth in Packer’s endowment. The Parent Association is committed to supporting this goal by raising funds for the endowment that will help support:
- Educational programming – equipping students with the skills to understand and navigate a changing world;
- Economic diversity – maintaining Packer’s commitment to welcoming and nurturing students and families of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and talents;
- Campus renovation and enhancement – providing for the needs of twenty-first-century students.
The PA’s gift to the school this year will be allocated to unrestricted endowment, supporting all of these priorities.
Adopted Conflict of Interest Policy
Financial Procedures (pdf)
Tally Sheet (pdf)Packer Parent Association170 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201718-250-0386