Food Service at Packer
Food Service Director: Rich Costas
The Food Service views its relationship with the broader Packer Community as a partnership. To that end, the Food Service strives to:
- Provide our students, staff and faculty with a variety of nutritious, fresh and appealing foods.
- Foster engagement with our students and families through regular communication and creative programming, as well as attractive facilities.
- Seek opportunities, in conjunction with the academic program, to educate our students about nutrition, sustainability and socially responsible consumerism.
- Provide an environment that is clean, secure, and safe for our community.
- Operate in a fiscally viable and responsible manner.
(Plain – Blueberry – Fire Roasted Fuji Apple)
Cage Free Fried Egg Sandwiches
(Plain – Cheese – Ham – Turkey Sausage)
Build Your Own Omelet
(Ham – Cheese – NITRITE FREE Bacon – Onion –Turkey Sausage - Mushroom – Peppers - Broccoli)
Cage Free Fried Egg Sandwiches Plain – Cheese – Ham – Turkey Sausage
(Plain – Cheese – Vegetable)
Also available daily
Scrambled Eggs, Homemade Home Fried Potatoes, Nitrite Free Bacon, Pork Sausage Patties, Turkey Sausage Links, Assorted Muffins Fresh From The Oven, Assorted Whole and Fresh Cut Fruit,
Available on rotation
French Toast, Fresh Baked Scones, Homemade Cream of Wheat or Grits and more…
- Mixed Greens with a choice of 3 homemade dressings, Assortment of Raw Seasonal Vegetables,
- Fresh Cut Fruit, Hard Boiled Eggs, Tuna Salad, Organic & Local Yogurts, Organic Cream
- Cheese, Organic & Conventional Butter, All Natural Assorted Jellies,
- Fresh Seasonal Fruit, All Natural Granola, Raisins
- Organic Regular & Soymilk, Seltzer Water and 100% Fruit Juice
- Simply Heinz All-Natural Condiments (including ketchup with NO high fructose corn syrup)
Pre-Made Sandwiches and Salads
- Daily: Peanut Butter & Jelly and Sunflower Butter & Jelly Sandwiches
- On a rotating basis (one each day): Oven-Roasted Turkey, Italian Hero, American Hero, Ham & Cheese, Egg Salad, Tuna Salad, Chicken Salad, Vegetarian & Vegan Sandwiches.
- A daily variety of garden salad with organic and homemade dressings.
- Breads & Rolls include whole wheat, multi-grain and white.
Our Lower School Snack Program includes the following items:
- Carrot, Celery, Cucumber Sticks
- Edamame Beans
- Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Salad
- Whole Apples & Bananas
- Sliced Apples & Pineapple & Papaya
- Red & Green Grapes
- Watermelon – in season
Please note our fruit is sourced locally as often a possible from GrowNYC’s Wholesale Greenmarket and our partnership with Jersey Fresh & Consalo Farm.
- Organic Valley String Cheese
- Back To Nature Crispy Wheat Crackers
- Back To Nature Honey Graham Sticks
- Back To Nature Crispy Cheddar Crackers
- Stacy’s Baked Pita Chips
- Homemade Hummus with Mini Pitas
- Stonyfield Organic Yogurt
- All Natural Applesauce
- Honey Wheat Pretzel Twists
- Wheatsworth Crackers
- Wheat Thins
The Packer Collegiate Institute and JC FOOD have a passion for green! We serve healthy greens to eat and have implemented sustainable, green initiatives. We maintain environmentally sound practices in our kitchen. We are fully committed to these eco-friendly systems. We believe that no community is too small to help change the environment for the better and pave the way to a cleaner, greener future.
In our food service operation we are:
- Partnering with GrowNYC/Pride of New York and Jersey Fresh to use local farm-fresh produce and foods in our seasonal menus to reduce our carbon footprint. We are proud to serve locally grown seasonal vegetables & local, organic applesauce.
- Serving as many organic products as possible to minimize exposure to potentially harmful chemicals and pesticides.
- Including numerous organic dairy products and locally sourced yogurt.
- Serving only nitrite-free, lean meats in our salad bars & sandwiches
- Serving locally raised antibiotic- and hormone-free chicken and turkey, as well as all natural antibiotic- and hormone-free pork and beef.
- Using the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s "Seafood WATCH" guidelines when purchasing fish
- Serving hormone-free, antibiotic-free and organic milk
- Being mindful and proactive in reducing landfill waste by using biodegradable “green” paper products and eliminating Styrofoam
- Using “green” chemicals, which are 99.7% phosphate & phosphorus free. This means they are not dangerous to our water system and ocean life.
- Using the Department of Sanitation’s recycle program to its fullest
- Conserving energy by having air curtains on all refrigerators, freezers and receiving doors
- Conserving energy by turning off equipment and lights in the kitchen when not in use
- Maintaining all kitchen equipment to ensure that it runs at maximum efficiency
- Replacing outdated equipment with more energy-efficient pieces during kitchen renovations
Parents of 3rd through 12th Graders can view the transactions on their children's food service accounts online at www.myschoolaccount.com
. There, you can review your child's account by date and dollar amount of each transaction within the last 30 days. To access your child’s account, please read these instructions
Please note that a student food service account can only be associated with one Username. Therefore, if other adults need to view your child’s food service account, you will have to share your Username with them. Please also note that www.myschoolaccount.com
is a standalone website and is not connected to your other online Packer accounts.
If you have questions, please contact Rich Costas, Food Service Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (718) 250-0293.